Nikolay

Reducing Lag and increasing FPS for a better gameplay

Reducing lag and increasing FPS for a better gameplay

1. I have quite often noticed a lot of players going through extreme lags which may ruin the gameplay experience. I have came up with a solution without actually spending money or buying new PC.

• Removing unnecessary mods: Mods can cause lags therby ruining your gameplay. Unistall all the unnecessary modifications especially graphic ones since they take longer to be read. Some modifications such as skins will not have any affect over your gameplay, so you can keep them if you want.
  • Lowering your ping: High ping can mean big lags for you and it is often caused when you have multiple applications running on your PC. In order to decrease your ping - simply open the Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) and close all the unnecessary applications such as uTorrent, Browsers and more. Utorrent is a big consumer of internet, so make sure it is turned off; this will help you lowering your ping.
  • Optimizing your PC for gaming: First step is locating your Control Panel and set view on Small or Large Icons, then find Power Options. When you have done all of this, select on High Performance. If that option is not available for you, then click on Show Additional Plans and an option will show up. You will experience some slight changes in your FPS.
  • Using Game Boosters: This may not sound very good but it surely helps. It is simple as it sounds; Install the program, open it and you are ready to go! There are many game boosters but personally I prefer Razor Game Booster (Click to download) or IOBit Game Booster (Click to download) since they are free and work like a charm.
  • Setting processor priority: When your game is running in the background - open the Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), then navigate to Details tab and look for gta_sa.exe. Then right-click on it and set priority to high.
  • Decreasing game colors: Obviously, this is the easiest method and you might have already tried it. If not, then simply locate your GTA San Andreas folder and right-click on your gta_sa.exe. Select properties and then select Compatibility tab and tick the Reduced color mode and select 8-bit (256) color, then click on Apply and OK.

2. Ajust Windows Advanced Settings

Windows offers you the possibility to increase your computer performances, however, your desktop might look less attractive after applying this optimization.

• Open any folder and paste this in the address bar ”Control Panel\System and Security\System“
  • Click on ”Advanced System Settings“
  • Go to ”Advanced” tab, click on ”Settings…“
  • Check the “Ajust for best performance” button and then click apply

3. Use Cleanup & Optimization Windows Software

Edited by Nikolay
  • Like 6

There's a slight miss conception about being able to lower your ping, if your internet is already pretty fast then nothing could help with the ping, it's a physical location thing which depends on how far you're from the server.. if you have a bad PC then closing other apps is necessary but only in-case they're actively using the network which may affect the Network card on those lower end PCs, I do recommend closing them when playing regardless of ping, they might affect download speed.

Things such as:

Any torrent application

Browsers in-general

Steam (Sometimes it updates in the background)

Any game launcher really

I do have a suggestion to help with the FPS lag tho, download this FILE shared by Holzhocker a long time ago, It helps removed things such as smoke/sparks and so on, even I use it although I don't need it but it looks good and makes everything smoother heh!

Here's the original quote from the original post:

Hello everyone,

i found a nice small antilag "update" to decrease your lag. I tried it already and it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3h1djt14sbhsijp

Effects removed:
- exaust smoke
- sparks
- collisions smoke
- burnout smoke
- infernus.dff modified *

Effects remained:
- nos
- damaged car smoke
- fire and explosions

* Infernus: no more bumps and doors losing in loops. The car recieve engine damage of course and can explode like before, but it doesn't take any visual damage. So there aren't anymore the damaged parts of the car around the maps (expecially in loops).

it's not my work, i just found it 

By Holzhocker

Edited by Castiell
  • Like 2

You can also disable the 'Focus Assist' on Windows 10 ver. 1803 for better performance and faster alt-tabbing.

Spoiler

Y0UdFP.png

• Like 4